Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Monochrome mash-up.

 Shirt & Bag - Vintage
Trousers, Sandals & Sunglasses - Topshop
Ring - Swarovski

If you've paid any attention to the A/W15 catwalk shows you'll know that monochrome madness is setting in - from Diane Von Furstenburg to Mugler this perennial classic cropped up, and whether it is worn simple and rebellious as at Saint Laurent or in a geometric, optical illusion in the style of Valentino or Pucci it seems you can't go wrong with black and white this season. A few years ago I would have hated it (I was all about colour, colour, colour), but now I'm embracing monochrome with open arms. Let's be honest, I've been loving it since last winter and now everyone else is too! 

That said, I'm trying to be a bit more economical and ethical with my purchasing, so I won't be racing down to the shops to pick up a few throwaway trend pieces - luckily my love for black and white means my wardrobe is already primed to make monochrome one of my key looks this season. I'm not totally into minimalism though, so my first take is a bit seventies, a bit clashy, and a bit classic all at the same time. Monochrome lets you play around with prints and textures, the lack of colour allowing for depth in other aspects, and I think that's why I love it. So to kick off my love affair with this trend I've matched my Topshop houndstooth trousers with a recently found vintage silk shirt (as much as I'm not a seventies chick, I fell for this), keeping the accessories simple. Personally, I think the key to print clashing is to keep everything else simple and let two or three statement prints do the talking. Finally, I suppose I am saying hello to autumn - I always darken my style as the days grow shorter.. 

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment