Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Day to night.

 Top & Shoes - Topshop
Skirt & Bracelet - Vintage
Necklace - H&M
Bag - Versace

I think one of the most difficult things to manage is day to night dressing, because what may look good under bar lighting often looks too over the top by day and a casual daytime ensemble feels too simple when going out in the evening. In an ideal world I'd be able to change before going out (or put on a different outfit entirely) but sometimes that's just not possible, which is why I look for versatility in my clothes! I wore this outfit to lunch, then shopping and dinner with my mum when she visited this week, but I also wore the same top and necklace combination as part of my outfit to go bar-hopping with a friend. Sometimes all it takes the right framing or details to take an outfit through the day - this was potentially a bit much for the daytime, but the pastel skirt kept it fairly simple. I then wore the bralet with a black lace skirt and a bit more makeup to make it work for the evening. I'm also a little bit in love with texture at the moment, especially lace, which is why I couldn't resist this bralet. This is, however, another item I'm looking forward to wearing when the weather gets a little kinder.. I may have taken photos without a jacket, but I did have to cover both ensembles with a biker jacket to survive the Midlands chill! Roll on summer and warmer days..

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment