Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Getting ready.


Coat - New Look
Dress & Shoes - Topshop
Mini Satchel - ASOS

Something I've been thinking about lately is the whole ritual of getting ready; whether for a coffee date or a night out, for lectures or for a day trip - whatever the occasion, there's a lot that goes into getting ready (for me at least!) and I almost find it the most enjoyable part! I'm all for natural beauty and feeling comfortable, but everyone has their routines and habits and things they do to prep themselves for the outside world; I don't think any of us simply roll out of bed and straight out the door! I myself find that however long I have before I need to be somewhere I will almost always be dashing around at the last minute because time has slipped away and I've only got half my makeup on or no shoes or I've forgotten everything I need to bring.. Is it just me?! Whether I've got 30 minutes or 3 hours in which to get ready, I always end up nearly late. It's like the more time I have the more gets added into the whole process - for example I woke up on Friday with nothing to do until 6.15pm (it was only work, don't get excited) and still managed to be half dressed and running out the house at 6.20, having to powerwalk to make it. I could have all the time in the world and still never be quite on time! I never miss anything important, but I'm always rushed.. Getting ready somehow strings itself out from the basics (makeup, outfit, pack my bag with the essentials, and go) into a process that could take hours; the longer I have, the more drawn out it becomes until it includes showering, straightening my hair, making and eating food, doing some art, writing, watching some TV, intensive moisturising, and taking selfies, on top of the usual! But in a way that's good because these are all relaxing and somehow the more prep time I've had the more I enjoy whatever activity I'm setting off for. I certainly enjoy a night out more if I've had a chilled out few hours getting ready and pre drinking! I'm really hoping it's not just me who can spin getting dressed and organised out into a day of relaxation and preparation...

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment