Pages

Friday 6 November 2015

Faux-togenic.

 Coat, Top & Skirt - Topshop
Shoes - Asos
Bag - Vintage Chanel
Necklace & Ring - Swarovski

"I choose not the suffocating anesthetic of the suburbs, but the violent jolt of the Capital..."- Virginia Woolf, The Hours

On Wednesday I took a day trip to my favourite city - London. I've always loved the capital, and since spending a month studying at the Conde Nast College this summer I have been thoroughly in love with it. Even the grey weather and rain didn't phase me! I understand entirely what Virginia Woolf meant about the jolt of the capital - London is always so alive, so thrumming with the energy of all the lives lived out there, and there are always events and new places to explore. I can't wait to one day call London my home.

To tackle the city, the early and late trains and the grim November weather, I opted for my favourite new coat, this faux fur beauty from Topshop. It's not quite Miuccia's SS16 bright coloured fur, but it's a gorgeous grey that goes with everything and it's so soft and warm that I am actually craving snow just so I can truly appreciate it. It perfectly lightened up my otherwise dark ensemble, indulging my love for tartan borne of Alexander McQueen's Widows of Culloden.. As much as I love pastels in autumn/winter, I am always caught by darker shades as the sky darkens and I can't help but fall for berry lips and all-black everything - this outfit was a balance, and one I'm sure I'll be repeating.

I'll leave you all now with a few touristy/cheesy shots of me in London, enjoying my favourite city.. until next time, London..


 Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment