Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

Biker Belle.

 Biker Jacket, Bralet and Sandals - Topshop
Skirt & Necklace - Vintage
Handbag - Vintage Chanel

One of my favourite fashion juxtapositions is to take a super-sweet outfit and toughen it up, like I have here with this ballet-esque pastel pink skirt and white lace bralet which has been topped off with black accessories and a biker jacket. Anything too sweet doesn't quite feel like me - I love pastels and super-girlie clothes, but I'm a little bit too tough to wear them alone. I never like to keep my aesthetic predictable, but this is a classic combination that I wear over and over because it always looks good. A biker jacket will never go out of style and is the perfect foil to something that borders on pale and sickeningly sweet. In ten years time I'm sure I'll still love this kind of look! I also absolutely had to wear my new vintage necklace - it's a 1950s piece I picked up at a vintage fair last weekend and I am absolutely in love with it! I feel like nothing these days is made to last, whereas this has a history behind it. Vintage jewellery also manages, even with costume pieces, to refrain from being tacky, while I find most modern jewellery is far too shiny and glitzy to be classy (and breaks or tarnishes in a matter of weeks!). This outfit is rather a step back into my comfort zone of retro-inspired glamour with a wearable twist - something which I feel describes my style most days - and I promise I'll be trying something new soon, and maybe retiring the biker jacker if the weather sorts itself out and actually becomes bearable!

Tara India xo



1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit
    Please check my blog out
    http://minniemousechic.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete