Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Blown away.

Top, Bralet, Skirt & Jacket - Topshop
Shoes - New Look
Bag - Vintage Chanel

One thing I seem to have forgotten in my eager race out of winter and into spring is that Birmingham (and probably the whole of the West Midlands) becomes a wind tunnel and I spend most of my time being buffeted around! And of course, being the practical soul that I am, I decided to try and fight through the gales in a cut out lace top... I think we all know I'm not very good at dressing for the weather. In my defence, I was attempting a day to night outfit and also had just bought it (and therefore couldn't stop thinking of when and how to wear it). I really love texture and details and this top called to me - plus it gave me a chance to wear this super cute bralet and actually show it off, for a naughty-but-nice vibe which was perfect for some slightly impromptu bar-hopping! I did at least choose a skirt that wouldn't have me pulling a Marilyn every five seconds.. The only regret I really have about this outfit is that once again I couldn't fulfil my promise (or desire?!) to start leaving my winter colour palette behind! Dark shades are so flattering and so easy to put together that I seem to be in some sort of goth cocoon, but I do remember how much I love brights and pastels and I am just waiting for the day when I wake up and don't put on anything black. I'm including tights in this because I live for the first few weeks of going bare-legged again, but considering the arctic winds sweeping through Birmingham I think it will be a while before I can even downgrade to only wearing one pair of tights at a time, let alone none at all!

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment