Pages

Saturday 28 March 2015

Classic.

 Dress, Biker Jacket & Shoes - Topshop
Handbag - Vintage Chanel
Bracelet - Vintage Dior

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have an affinity for classics - classic movies, classic cars (they look much better than today's boxy things), and literary classics. This also applies to fashion, not only with my love of forties and fifties looks but also with my favour towards classic combinations. I have enjoyed trying to mix things up in my style and create something unique, but especially now I find myself drawn to the more perennial styles - there's something attractive about something that lasts so long. This outfit shows off a few classics: not only is this dress a slightly modern twist on timeless classic print of monochrome stripes, with a classic red lip, but it features vintage accessories from Chanel and Dior.While I am currently enamoured with the AW15 collections of Giambattista Valli, Reem Acra & Valentino, I have to admit that when it comes to favourite designers I once again revert to classic icons. I like to think that my personal style varies from classic to playful, and I like to try and combine modern, vintage and retro to create something unique.. but every so often I like to play the classy angle completely and this outfit was one of those times. Black suits everyone, flatters everyone, and allows luxe detail and prints to really shine. It is also perfectly foiled by another of my favourites - bright lipstick! And now I'm off to watch a Marilyn Monroe movie and try not to wish I was living in fifties America....

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment