Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Pretty pastels.

 Dress & Shoes - Topshop
Coat - New Look

This outfit feels like a bit of a throwback, since I've actually worn it quite a few times before. I remember a few years ago I'd never go out in the same look, but that was back when I wasn't paying for food or utilities or daily life and could afford to spend my money on clothes all the time! Now I've grown up a bit, especially after going travelling and spending days in the same pair of baggy pants, and I've not only realised I can't keep blowing my money but that sometimes the comfort and appeal of an outfit means it deserves to be worn more than once. I found this outfit is a perennial spring classic - pastels plus lace is a perfect combination, and the coat is a lighter way to keep the chill off. Also, one of the best ways to make your outfit look perfectly put together is matching hemlines and I love the way this coat falls at the perfect length for most of my dresses even though it's not petite! I'm not intending to start wearing the same outfit over and over, or to post repeats (because this blog is all about my developing style and new favourites), but I don't think there is anything wrong with revisiting a favourite outfit or wearing something twice because it makes you feel good. God, I'm definitely growing up..

Tara India xo



No comments:

Post a Comment