Pages

Friday 3 April 2015

Fit and flare.

 Biker Jacket & Shoes - Topshop
Top - Missguided
Skirt - River Island
Bag - Asos
Jewellery - Swarovski

 Returning to a regular outfit post now, and finally one with a splash of colour. This bright pink skirt has been in my wardrobe for about four years now and, unlike other items, is still one of my favourites to wear. I love the retro fit and flare style of this look which has been slightly updated with a high necked crop top and necklace. This enjoyment of high necked pieces and crop tops is one of the few things I'm enjoying about the 90s revival that is happening all around me - I'm also a bit of a fan of chokers, but if you ever see me in mom jeans please take me home and make me change! I guess my problem with the nineties is that not only is it not at all similar to my personal style, but I also lived through most of it (and the early noughties) once and it feels far too recent to be being revived... I guess I now know how our parents feel when they see seventies and eighties style being brought back on trend! I know that a lot of teenagers and people a few years younger than me are really loving the nineties for its casual aesthetic and very versatile styles, but personally when it comes to styles from the past I will be sticking to forties and fifties for my inspiration...

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment